Cleaning and Disinfecting Electronic Devices
Typical Methods of cleaning standard electronics
1. Turn off the power to the device you are cleaning.
- Use a clean, dry cloth to wipe off any dirt.
Warning: Never Spray Liquids or Cleaning Solutions Directly on Electronics.
Warning: Do Not use any cleaning solution with bleach as an ingredient.
Warning: Do Not use on isopropyl alcohol on painted surfaces
- Use any of the following to clean equipment surfaces
- Cleaning wipes
- Disinfecting spray lightly sprayed on a soft towel
- 70 to 75 percent isopropyl alcohol lightly sprayed on a soft towel
Note: Ensure there are no drips from the cloth before cleaning the equipment.
5. Lightly wipe the lightly moistened cloth on the surface of the electronics on any touched surfaces.
Note: Avoid vents on the electronic's case.
6. Once the electronics are completely dry power back on for use.
- Do not use any cleaner that contains bleach.
- Do not use a mixture of isopropyl alcohol higher than 75 percent.
- Keyboards and mouses on desktop machines can be cleaned while the machine is powered on. Laptops need to be powered down before cleaning.
If you have any questions review the manufacturers cleaning instructions or contact technology services with the model number in question.