Importing and Exporting Google Chrome Bookmarks
Google Chrome Bookmarks
If you sign in with a Google account, Google should automatically import your website bookmarks. It is still recommended to create a backup file in the event your bookmarks may not save properly.
Navigating to Bookmarks Manager
- Click the three dots button in the top right of the Chrome browser. (fig. Chrome 1).
- Hover over “Bookmarks” and then click “Bookmarks Manager”. Or alternatively you can type/copy “chrome://bookmarks” into your URL and hit enter.
- Click the three dots button just below the previous one you clicked on the bookmark manager page (fig. Chrome 1).
Fig. Chrome 1
- Click “Export Bookmarks” or “Import Bookmarks”.
- Navigate to where you want to save the bookmarks file and click ““Save”.
Note: In the case of needing to backup favorite/bookmarks because of a Windows 10 upgrade you will need to export the bookmarks file to your Google Drive File Stream or an external drive/flash drive.
- Click “Import Bookmarks”.
- Navigate to where you saved your exported bookmarks file, select it, and click “Open”.
Note: This will create an “Imported” folder in the bookmarks manager containing all the imported bookmarks. From there you can move the bookmarks out of the imported folder and into the normal bookmarks folder.