Moving and Copying Videos to a Different Folder in Panopto
Moving & Copying a Video to a Different Folder in Panopto
To move a video file to a different folder in Panopto, you simply change the Parent folder for that video. To copy a video to another folder, you must first make a copy of the video, then move that copy to another folder. This is done one video at a time.
Moving a video to another folder
- On the video you wish to move, hover your cursor over the video until the 5 option buttons appear. Click on “Settings”.
- Under “Folder”, click the “Edit” button.
- In the dropdown menu that appears, type in the class you want to move the video into. Be sure you pick the correct semester!
- Once you have the folder (class) selected that you want to move the video into, click “Save”. The video will then move into that new folder.
Copying a video into another folder - To copy a video into another Panopto folder you must first make a copy of the video, then move that copy into the new folder.
- On the video you wish to copy and move, hover your cursor over the video until the 5 option buttons appear. Click on “Settings”.
- Click on “Manage” on the left hand side. Then, go down to “Copy Session” and click the “copy” button.
- When prompted, if you are sure, click “OK”.
- You can now close the settings window. You should see the original video file as well as the copy of the video file. Click the “Settings” button of the copy video.
- You would now follow the instructions on moving a video from above, by changing the folder the copy video is located within, in Panopto.
- Once it is located in the new folder, you can go back into “Settings” and “Edit” the name to take off copy, or leave it if you want.
- Click “Save” when done.
Thank you for your feedback!