Goldlink-how to make the 'mailto:' function work in chrome browser
To make the ‘mail to:’ function work in the chrome browser follow the directions below.:
1) Close all open tabs in chrome
2) Open a chrome tab and enter the following URL to bring up the correct settings page:
1) Open a second tab and open your campus gmail.
2) Look at the right side of the address bar for the Protocol Handler icon. They look like 2 intersecting diamonds.
3) Click on the Protocol Handler icon (two intersecting diamonds).
You should get a small dialog box that asks you to Allow mail.google.com
[6) Then go back to Section 1 and follow the instructions until you set the mail.google.com as a default.
Section 3: If the windows default apps window pops up, select Email and set the default client to Google Chrome (NOT the blue envelope).](http://mail.google.com)
- If you want to check to see what your windows default email client is, Go to Start and click on the gear icon (Settings), and select Apps. Then select Email and set the default client to Google Chrome (NOT the blue envelope).
Thank you for your feedback!