Connecting Windows Laptop to MWSU network
When connecting a Windows laptop to the Missouri Western network you will need to follow the instructions below. All devices must be registered properly to ensure they will connect correctly.
- Connect the device to MWSU-HowToConnect
- A browser window should automatically open up but if it doesn't please open your preferred(Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc). If you don' the see the below image please try to go to a website that isn't Google.
- Once logged in you will be prompted to 'Start QuickConnect', clicking this button will download the Aruba ClearPass QuickConnect app to register your device. If you receive any prompts or pop-ups asking if you'd like to allow the app the run please do so.
- Once the app opens up you will see the below screen. Click 'Next' to begin the process.
- You will receive 2 Security Warning prompts, this is installing the necessary profiles to allow your device to register on the network. Please click yes on both windows that pop up or your device will not register correctly and will not work on the network.
- Once you have installed the needed profiles and have been successfully configured on the network, you will need to switch from MWSU-HowToConnect to the regular MWSU wireless network. Click the 'Connect' button in the lower right hand corner.
- After successfully switching to the MWSU wireless network, you will see the below screen showing you that you have connected and have an IP address assigned to our computer. You can close this window and begin to use the internet normally.
Please contact the helpdesk at 816-271-4555 if you have any questions or issues with registering your device(s) on the network.
Thank you for your feedback!